Student Services

Many services are available for students, and their parents, including counseling about careers, credits, post-secondary options and personal issues. Referrals are available to social workers as well as drug and alcohol counselors and the school nurse. Peer tutors are available for academic help, and peer mentors help with adjustments to G.D.C.I.

  • Children’s Aid Society – 524-7356 or 1-800-265-5198
  • Huron-Perth Centres for Children & Youth, Clinton – 482-3931
  • Safe Homes for Youth – 1-800-361-1640
  • Kids Help Line – 1-800-668-6868
  • Huron County Health unit – 482-3416 or 1-800-265-5184
  • Family Planning Clinic – 482-3416 or 1-800-265-5184
  • Huron Addiction Assessment and Referral Centre – 482-1767 or 1-800-265-5184

Drug/Alcohol Counseling is available at the school by request

Emergency Contact Information Form

During the first week of school every student will be issued a “Confirmation of Emergency Contact Information Form”. It is very important that the information is checked over carefully and any changes to the information noted, in red if possible, and that each section is read, dated and signed for verification. Student 18 years of age or older may sign their own form