For students entering secondary school on or after September 1, 1999, the requirements for the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) are:
18 credits total
- 4 credits English(1 credit per grade)
- 1 credit French As A Second Language
- 3 credits Mathematics (at least 1 credit in Grade 11/12)
- 2 credits Science
- 1 credit Canadian History (Grade 10)
- 1 credit Canadian Geography (Grade 9)
- 1 credit Fine Arts – dance, drama, music, or visual art
- 1 credit Health & Physical Education
- 1 additional credit English, or Third Language, or Social Sciences & the Humanities, or Canadian & World Studies
- 1 additional credit Health & Physical Education, or Business Studies, or Fines Arts – drama, music, visual art
- 1 additional credit Science – Grade 11 or 12 or Technological Education – Grade 11 or 12
- 1 additional credit English, or Third Language, or Social Science & The Humanities, or Canadian & World Studies, or Guidance & Career Education, or Cooperative Education
- 1 additional credit Health & Physical Education, or Fine Arts – drama, music, visual art, or Business Studies, or Cooperative Education
- 1 additional credit Science, or Technological Education, or Cooperative Education
- * 34 Credit Threshold
12 credits total
Students must earn 12 additional credits in courses of their choice, selected from a list of courses available in the school.
Students must pas the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test (OSSLT) or complete the Ontario Literacy Course in order to be eligible for their diploma.
Students must also complete 40 hours of Community Service in order to get their diploma. For more information on where to go and what to do for your community service hours, contact the Guidance Office.